Sunday, July 31, 2016

Celebrating...

Forty-five years together!
On July 31, 1971 we said...
"I do."


Who knew what that would mean?
So many memories!

We have climbed many a mountain together...
and quite like it on the mountain top!

But the truth is...
there have also been many valleys.

It is a good thing that we never knew in advance what those forty-five years would bring.
All we needed to know was that God would be faithful...
one day at a time.

And He has been!

Today I say 'I do' again...
to my best friend...
for the rest of the journey!

We are in Victoria this weekend...
where we were on our honeymoon forty-five years ago.

I'll be back to tell you about the rest of July real soon.

Have a wonderful long weekend!




13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a very special Wedding Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to the two of you. Mountain tops and valleys, and all the steady times in between are what make a marriage. The Great Dane and I wish you a year of good times together and we are very happy that you chose our city for your celebration, and to have shared an hour or so of that special time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you both. What a wonderful collage you have created.
    Hope you are having a fabulous time in Victoria and I will look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo collage . Happy Anniversary to your both .

    ReplyDelete
  5. You kids look as youthful as ever you have! This wonderful marriage has done you both good. Happy, happy anniversary and many, many more! God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, Judy! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the collage Judy! Congratulations on 45 years of marriage. I remember when my parents celebrated their 45 with a studio photo and my mom in a new chiffon dress and my dad in a new suit. You look much younger than they did and act much much younger!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling here, Lovella...as I recall my parents' 45th anniversary studio photo! We just took selfies. :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary to two people who have exemplified a marriage that honors their marriage vows! I know the joy you feel today is not becasue it was always easy, but because of the rewards of faithfulness and a lasting friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have so enjoyed getting to know the two of you and seeing how you do "life" together. An inspiration for me. A very happy anniversary to the two of you. Love the collage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. What a fun collage you've created - full of memories and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Beautiful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson